Saturday, July 16, 2011

Crank up the washing machine

The batting cages came down last week. The windscreens too.

The dugouts were cleaned and all the water coolers are stored for the winter. On Saturday it was rewashing the uniforms and hanging them up in storage.

All by myself, I cleaned and straightened and reflected on the season. Coaches always reevaluate the season. What did we do wrong? What could I have done different, or better?

Do CPAs spend time reevaluating their seasons?

Do plumbers say, "Could have been better or more efficient on that last job?"

Do all professionals reflect on their jobs, or is this just a trait of coaches? This is not unique to baseball coaches. I believe all good coaches do this. I just don't know if they do it by themselves on a summer Saturday afternoon during the spin cycle.

Oops. Gotta run the dryer just went off!

No comments:

Post a Comment