Monday, December 10, 2012

A lot to say, and a lot to be thankful for

I'm back already because I have plenty to be thankful for. So I thought I would make a list for Christmas:

1. A wonderful loving wife. I couldn't do everything that is being asked of me without her support and love. She makes every day special, and a man can't ask for more than that.

2. Supportive children - It's hard to balance their lives and help their dad. Courtney has been so helpful and caring, especially when I need her. She has always been there for Grandma, even when Grandma hasn't always been nice. Daniel is there for me, always saying the right thing at the right time at school. Looking out for me and keeping me balanced. Lora Leigh may have the toughest chore, living and sharing her space with Grandma.

3. An understanding school. Not the building but the people that care about my world, always asking if they can help and picking up my slack. They never get upset when I have to leave -- and Lord knows I have left enough.

4. My team. They want to be working and need my attention. They haven't complained and they ask about my mom often. They are a good group and I hope they get what they deserve.

5. Jane. I have uprooted her world, hid her stuff and locked her in her room. She sometimes believes all of these are true. When really she just wants to survive, and do it her way.

Our life has changed. It won't return to normal again real soon. I believe that may be best. We are being challenged. When it's all said and done, we will be better people. My wife, my supportive children, my school friends, and my team. But most of all we will make a safe loving home for an 82 year old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment