Saturday, May 4, 2013

Give the Coach a break

I know I am a bad blogger. I write twice a year. I'm going to get better I promise.

Life is interesting, to say the least. My wife is playing the piano. And throwing things. I think she needs practice at the piano (not throwing things, she has that down). But it makes the house so alive. I love the music, and when my Daughter begins to sing, "WOW".

My mother has joined us since the assisted living facility she lived in decided she needed to much assistance. You figure it out. I can't. She is a handfull, and the bulk of the duties fall on my wife. She has been wonderful, (God knew I needed her help so he laid her off.) taking care of my mom, running her to dialysis three times a week. They get annoyed with each other, but that's normal. I do the same thing at work.

Lora is a tween in all its glory! She thinks like a adult, is maturing like an adul,t but needs to be a kid. We can't slow her down, and social media doesn't help. Skype/chatting and watching Sponge Bob. Now that's a tween.

My mom is living here but questions her quality of life. She would really like us to entertain her, but she can't hear me and she thinks Lori is mocking her by talking loud. Sometimes you just get tired of saying things twice.

I will be right back --  the beeper just went off. I hate that thing......She needed the bag of toothpicks opened. No strength she said.

My life is kind of like this blog, all over the place. In a year that my team is putting up incredible numbers (29-5), I really haven't had time to enjoy it. That is why I have decided to make next year my last. There are just too many things I am leaving for tomorrow. My mother needs more attention.  I keep scheduling her needs after the baseball season. My wife and daughter have been great, being on call and helping out. Lori has literally put her life on hold for me and my mother. Now that's for for better or for worse, I never thought she would have to live up to our vows.

Well, the baseball season has one week left. A champion will be crowned in 7 days. In 24 years of coaching that champion has been someone else.  I hate to beg but...

In three weeks the school year ends and summer vacation begins. I will be able to relieve Lori of her Grandma duties. I will be the main provider, and get her to appointments and dialysis. Wish me luck, cause I will get a full plate of Lori's days now.

It's a life that is full of others needs and personal wants. I am doing it with someone I love and respect, and because of her love for this forum you are doing it with us. So enjoy the ride and away we go...





No comments:

Post a Comment